Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to create a new page?
06-16-2014, 08:48 PM
How to create a new page?
I would like to create a new .php file/page that has content of my choosing but would like it to still have all the design and header and footer links, etc still showing as if it's a part of the site. Obviously if I just create a regular page and link to it, it wont have all the design and script functionality with it.

How would I be able to achieve this if I create a new page within the script?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 06:44 AM
RE: How to create a new page?
Hello,

To create a new page, you must first create a controller. Just simply copy a controller and change the info to your new page. Make sure it is linked to the page you will create in the template.

Next, just simply create the page in your current template with the HTML and any PHP needed. The controller page will call that template file when someone tries to load that page.

Thanks,
Robert
06-17-2014, 07:29 AM
(06-17-2014 06:44 AM)RobertArone Wrote:  Hello,

To create a new page, you must first create a controller. Just simply copy a controller and change the info to your new page. Make sure it is linked to the page you will create in the template.

Next, just simply create the page in your current template with the HTML and any PHP needed. The controller page will call that template file when someone tries to load that page.

Thanks,
Robert

Hey,

Thanks for the help. And it doesn't matter which file I use to copy from the controller folder?
06-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Hello,

Nope. The only thing that changes is the PHP code that goes from the controller to the template file. As long as you have the view code with the footer, header, sidebar, that is all you need.

Thanks,
Robert