Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cron error, ads not resetting.
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM
RE: Cron error, ads not resetting.
(12-19-2011 12:29 AM)pfbux Wrote:  Hello "twib" I am also on easy cloud and they fixed this cron problem for me, because yesterday me site ads did not refresh too, but easycloud did something and today ads refreshed, try to ask them, maybe easycloud support will be able to help you.

Yeah i asked them, they said the fixed it, however they didn't i have to refresh manually.
Will try to do what admin said in db...that will most probably solve the problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2011, 11:28 AM
(12-19-2011 10:33 AM)twib Wrote:  
(12-19-2011 12:29 AM)pfbux Wrote:  Hello "twib" I am also on easy cloud and they fixed this cron problem for me, because yesterday me site ads did not refresh too, but easycloud did something and today ads refreshed, try to ask them, maybe easycloud support will be able to help you.

Yeah i asked them, they said the fixed it, however they didn't i have to refresh manually.
Will try to do what admin said in db...that will most probably solve the problem.

Still does not work , this is what I received from host managers today:
"I'm sorry, but it looks like we have faced some script bug here.

First, the cron job report which was emailed to admin@twibux.com looks perfectly. The cron script was launched by our cron system and there were no errors. Moreover, the script's output was the same as in case of successful ClixScript cron job execution (the date and time of the execution).

Second, today's output of daily cron job for pfbux.com is the same as for twibux.com (the only difference is the time of execution). But ads were reset at pfbux.com successfully. The server side configuration is exactly the same for both sites.

Our fix which was applied to both sites is that our cron system was made more resistant to possible cron job errors and failed executions. But your script execution looked fine. At the same time, the script failed to do ads reset. Our system and fix can't help if a cron job report looks like 'success' report, but the script actually failed to perform ads reset without any visible warning or error message.

Our server side cron system works fine and launches the cron job script in time, and cron reports confirm it. Therefore, it is not server problem and it is beyond our control. We already did all we can. Our cron fix seems to work for pfbux.com.

The script is encoded, so we can't investigate the script bug.

We can't propose you anything else than contact script developers and manually launch the cron job script using browser if ads are not reset. You may ask script developers to add some debug log functionality to the cron job script, so we could investigate the issue in case of problems."

Admin?
12-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Since nobody else has reported this issue, there is basically two options, either send us login details and we'll try to find whats wrong or you can use this script to reset ads:
PHP Code:
$today date("m/d/y",time());
// Save yesterdays click into ad_process (which will only store it temporary for one day)
$Db->query("INSERT INTO ad_process (username, ip, ad_id, click_time, click_date) SELECT username, ip, ad_id, click_time, click_date FROM ad_clicks WHERE click_date != '".$today."'");
$Db->query("DELETE FROM ad_clicks WHERE click_date != '".$today."'");
// Delete those in ad_process older than two days (we will only store yesterday in ad_process, but remember this is 24 hour (time) based)
$twodaysago Time::unixDiff(60*60*24*2);
$Db->query("DELETE FROM ad_process WHERE click_time < '".$twodaysago."'"); 
This script is the part that reset ads and is extracted from the encoded file, you could setup a cron job running this script once per day to reset your ads... And maybe you will find the problem too if you try to run this?